Valentine's day is typically seen as a holiday to spend with those who are important to you. And while it is important to connect with those you love it is also important to spend time with the one who should be most important, YOU!
Loving yourself first. Filling your own glass with coffee, juice, or wine (no judgement) so that you can pour into other cups is what self-care is all about.
Here are 10 things you can do that take 10 minutes or less.
1. Stretch. Spend a few moments doing some whole body stretches to relieve any tensions or kinks throughout your body.
2. Hydrate. Make sure you are taking time to drink water throughout the day.
3. Move. Take the stairs. Park further away than you normally would. Take a walk around the block. Whatever it is just get more movement.
4. Breathe. Practice taking a deep, cleansing breath in through your nose and out through your mouth. Then place one hand on your diaphragm and the other on your chest. Take a deep breath in through your nose, filling your diaphragm until you feel tension in your lungs. Slowly exhale through your mouth. Repeat 10 times.
5. Smile. Smile at strangers, smile at the parking attendant, smile at the cashier, smile at yourself in the mirror. Just smile.
6. Un-plug. For the day, consider silencin
g all notifications on your device.
7. Dance party. Crank up the music and dance like no one is watching.
8. Enjoy a warm beverage. Whether it is a cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa, warm milk or lemon water there is something calming about sipping a hot beverage that causes you to slow down and saver a few moments.
9. Smell the roses, literally! Either by yourself a bouquet of your favorite flowers to take home or just simply stop in the floral section in the grocery store on your way home to enjoy the beauty and fragrance.
10. Rest. Take a few moments in the day to close your eyes. Maybe put on some soft music or lay your head down or back with your feet up. Also focus on getting a good nights sleep by spending some extra time on